Face to Face physiotherapy appointments are available but there are strict protocols to ensure everyone's health and safety.
All patients will be screened by telephone to see whether their problem can be managed remotely or not. Face to face appointments will be offered if appropriate after a clinical screening, assessment of the risks and agreement between the physiotherapist and patient. An initial assessment with remote physiotherapy is an ideal way to determine whether to see patients Face to Face for hands on treatment.
Our virtual physiotherapy appointments have proved very popular and successful for treating a wide range of conditions and will be continuing for many of our patients.
No walk-in appointments are available.
What to expect at Face to Face appointments.
We have conducted a thorough risk assessment to maximise the safety of patients and staff to enable face to face appointments here at The Therapy Centre. Appointments will appear different and here are some of the measure's patients can expect to see.
- Patients should attend alone where possible. A carer or guardian may be allowed to accompany the patient in appropriate circumstances, so long as they are screened first and clear of Covid-19 signs or symptoms.
- Entry into the practice will be controlled and we ask that patients wait at the front door until their appointment time. The physiotherapist will admit patients into the building.
- The physiotherapist will wear personal protective equipment and patients will be required to bring their own face covering.
- Patients will have their temperature checked and be asked to wash their hands when entering and leaving the practice.
- Reception area and toilet facilities will not be available. All patients will be taken directly into the treatment room.
- All patients will enter and leave the practice in a way that maintains social distancing.
- Contactless payments will be taken and a text reminder will be sent for follow up appointments.
We have strict cleaning protocols in place to minimise the risk.